New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is a 501(c)(3) service organization that provides artists, emerging arts organizations, arts administrators, and students with critical support, professional development tools, and resources for defining and achieving career success.
What We Do
NYFA was established in 1971 to serve individual artists throughout New York State. Since then, we have extended our programs and services throughout the United States and internationally and expanded our scope to serve additional members of the arts community.
- Awards and grants for individual artists in New York City, New York State, and nationally (including U.S. Territories)
- Access to increased funding opportunities for artists in all disciplines through our Fiscal Sponsorship program
- In-person and online professional development workshops, panels, consultations, and intensives for artists and arts administrators
- Mentorship programs and tailored resources for immigrant artists
- Job, opportunity, and space listings through NYFA Classifieds, the premier opportunities board for creative industries
- Targeted support and ongoing award and service listings through the NYFA Source Hotline and NYFA Source database
- Work sample reviews for artists and students under the guidance of expert consultants and staff